Thursday, February 09, 2006

Different...

Have you ever been in a place where you stand out like a sore thumb? Or atleast feel like you don't fit in?

Well, I went to a function tonight with over 30 African American women and one other caucasian (other than myself), where she came with an African American friend, and I came by myself. I was definitely out of place, and people were looking at me like I was lost. One of my friends had invited me, but I hate being late, so when I showed up, the people I knew were not there, and turns out they didn't end up coming. I met some really sweet people, and I'm glad I went, but it made my thoughts start going...

I think that I stick out like a sore thumb in my architecture classes sometimes because I'm not promiscuous or doing illegal substances. I'm not implying all of them do these types of things, but often it feels like I'm different. Truth is, I am...God is in me, and His ways are in my heart... He wants me to live a life worthy of the calling He has given me, and I hope that those around me can see Jesus living in me... All Christians ARE DIFFERENT and we Don't fit into this world... We are transformed by the Holy Spirit coming to live in us!~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home