Monday, January 29, 2007

Fragile life...

wow...
I am truly blessed in this life...
So... something crazy happened to me on Friday morning... Just like every other morning, I was on my way to the Architecture building to work on my thesis proposal... riding down the road on my bike, seeing a green light, so I'm going to continue into the intersection to cross the road, and well, I got hit by a car... I mean, really, who gets hit by a car... still totally surreal... I don't remember much of anything from the wreck (God's way of allowing us not to relive our tramatic experiences every day) But I'm so lucky- no broken bones, just a lot of pain...
I wasn't wearing a helmet (God had an angel watching over me because apparently I landed on my head and was knocked out and lying in the roadway) I only have a concussion... It could be worse... I redislocated my shoulder, and tweeked my knee stretching some of the ligaments... and on the xrays of my ankle, there is a hairline fracture, but you can't do anything for it, so it's just very bruised and swolen... there is a giant bruise on my shin right under my shin... and my calf and achilles tendon are pretty sore... plus ofcourse the whiplash... well, enough said about the injuries... it could be worse, and God has watched over me, even though I'm not worthy... God's grace is amazing!
I don't remember being on the ground, but a friend that I believe God had drive by and recognize me, when he pulled over and came over and followed me to the hospital, he said that I was asking what was going on and what happened... supposedly I said I didn't see the car, which I didn't but I don't remember answering any of the questions while I was sitting on the ground either... I don't remember the ambulance ride and the first bit in the ER is fuzzy... I didn't really come to my senses until about two hours after it happened. Supposedly I went over the hood... I don't know... all I know was there was a green light and I was just heading to school just like every other day...
I have a cousin that works in Fort Benning, and my mom lives 5 hours away in Jackson, MS and my aunt all came to see me... How SPECIAL family is! It's amazing! God created the family unit for a reason, and I'm so thankful that He placed me in such a loving family- I am so blessed...
I have had numerous friends that have called, or come by to check on me! I can not express how thankful and lucky I am! Sometimes it's hard to swallow that I am so blessed, because I feel like I don't deserve all the wonderful things that I have in my life! My roommate and her mom also came to the ER room to check on me... My sweet boyfriend also took his whole day on Friday to come and help take care of me, and he drove to see me from montgomery saturday, sunday, and today!
It's amazing the support that God has blessed me with, and I just wish I could express to them all how much they mean to me as well as how thankful I am for everything God has done for me, and there is so much more, this is just a recent event in my life where God once again has blown me away with his mercies! I might be sore and hurt physically, but I'm bursting with Joy and thanksgiving on the inside!!! and I'm all the time getting better- God is allowing me to heal... Praise Him!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home