Monday, November 12, 2007

Busyness

Why are we so busy all the time?
Is it the "cool" thing to do?
Is it because we're afraid of telling the truth?
Is it because we're scared of being still?

At Church our sermon was on the sabbath, and it got me thinking. Are we afraid to be still and rest in Jesus. Are we scared of what we might discover or what he might tell us, so we continue to go go go so that we don't have to hear what He is telling us?

I know some of it is trust - do we trust Jesus enough to find comfort in Him and His ways.

But I also think a part of it is that we are scared and that's satan's way of keeping us from doing God's work. Satan uses lies and fear to decieve and distract.

I've been lucky enough to know how important keeping the sabbath is. I've even been criticized for keeping my Sundays my Jesus days, but it's totally worth it! God knew what he was doing when he said to take a day to rest and recoop. Why is so hard for us to listen??? I know I need work in this area!

"By the seventh day God had finished the work he had been doing; so on the seventh day he rested from all his work. And God blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because on it he rested from all the work of creating that he had done." Genesis 2:2-3

"Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him Psalm" 62:5

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home